- Fits 1993 To 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
- Fits 1993 To 2002 Pontiac Firebird
- Fabricated From 1.250” x 0.120” DOM Seamless Steel Ttubing
- Crossmember Uses 0.120” x 2.000” Rectangular Tubing
- TIG Welded 4140 Chromoly Tube Adaptors, Built In House
- Pinion Changes Made Using 4140 Chromoly Heat Treated Adjuster, Built In House
- CNC Laser Cut Mounting Plates To Insure Hole To Hole Aaccuracy
- Rear Mounting Plates Machined From 3/8” Thick Mild Steel For Strength And Designed To Fit Stock Rear End As Well As 12- Bolt, S60 And 9” Housings
- Torque Arm Attaches To Mount Using Solid ¾” Rod Eyes And Grade 8 Hardware
- Durable Gloss Powder Coat Finish
- Torque Arm Benefits:
- Removes Torque Arm From Transmission Tail Shaft Protecting Transmission From Damage
- Pivot Brackets Allow Instant Center Adjustment
- Eliminates Wheel Hop And Solves Traction Problems
- Reduces Front End Nose Dive During Braking
- Allows For Easy On The Car Pinion Angle Adjustments
- Grease-able Polyurethane Bushings Designed To Keep Road Noise At Aa Minimum
- Bolt-On Design Requires No Welding Or Drilling During Installation
Chromoly material- Chromoly version uses 1.250" x 0.095" 4130 chromoly
tubing and 100% TIG welded . This adds increased strength and reduces product weight, recommended for vehicles running 10.50’s and faster in the ¼ mile
Newly designed and now offers a ½” additional exhaust clearance!
Track abuse, street abuse, or just flat-out abuse, this torque arm is designed to handle it all! Eliminate unwanted traction problems by adding a UMI Performance tunnel brace mounted torque arm. This aftermarket torque arm replaces the flimsy factory torque arm while adding strength, rigidity and eliminating suspension flex. UMI’s torque arm design relocates the front torque arm mounting point off the transmission tail shaft protecting the transmission and preventing transmission damage. A shorter torque arm improves weight transfer on acceleration. General Motors tail shaft mounted design works great for a stock driven vehicle however it was not designed to take the abuse of a drag car. UMI’s tunnel mounted torque arm bolts to existing floor pan holes using 3/16” thick mild steel laser cut mounting plates and metric grade 10.9 hardware. The torque arm attaches to the supplied cross brace using polyurethane bushings on both the supplied cross brace and torque arm to help absorb noise. The torque arm rear mount is 3/8” thick CNC machined mounting plates and are appropriately drilled to fit the stock rear ends as well as aftermarket 12-Bolt’s, 9” Rear-end housings and Strange S60.
Rear torque arm hardware kit- We highly recommend purchasing a new hardware kit if running this torque arm on a factory rear-end, Strange or other similar rear-ends that use a straight through long bolt design. Factory torque arm bolts will work however are slightly too short and may not work correctly. For Moser Engineering 12-Bolt rear-end use P/N 2998, the Moser 12-Bolt uses four ½” bolts, P/N 2998 includes longer ½” bolts and spacers to reduce movement. P/N 2998 is for Moser 12-Bolt only, use P/N 3003 on Moser 9”.
1993-1997 Models- This unit will clear with factory exhaust manifolds and factory y-pipe. Clears tight fitting long tube and y-pipe set ups.
1998-2002 Models- This unit is designed to clear vehicles running Kooks long tube headers with a Kooks y-pipe and other similar tight fitting long tube header/y-pipe set ups. The built in drive shaft loop will not clear the factory y-pipe and may not clear aftermarket y-pipes that bolt into the factory manifolds. Please confirm fitment before purchasing.
Chromoly material- Chromoly version uses 1.250" x 0.095" 4130 chromoly tubing and 100% TIG welded . This adds increased strength and reduces product weight, recommended for vehicles running 10.50’s and faster in the ¼ mile.
The Vehicle Fitment Guide is to be used as a general reference. The data has been provided by our suppliers and manufacturers and may contain errors or incorrect data. Always refer to a professional to verify correct fitment for your vehicle.
||1993 - 1999
Ask a question about
UMI Performance Short Torque Arm, Adj, Straight, DS Loop- Red | 2201-R Camaro 1993-02: