- Fits 1982 To 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
- Fits 1982 To 2002 Pontiac Firebird
Torque Arm Benefits:
- Removes Torque Arm From Transmission Tail Shaft To Prevent Ddamage
- Eliminates Wheel Hhop On Launch And Solves Forward Traction Problems
- Allows For On-Car Pinion Angle Adjustments
- Polyurethane Bushings Designed To Keep Road Noise At Aa Minimum
- Front Mounting Point Utilizes A Grease-able Pivot Point
- Torque Arm Constructed Of 1.250” x 0.120” DOM Steel Tubing
- Cross Member Constructed Of 1.500” x 0.120” DOM Steel Tubing
- TIG Welded 4140 Chromoly Tube Adapters
- On-Car Adjuster Built Using 4140 Chromoly Ssteel &
Heat Treated For Maximum Strength
- Polyurethane Bushings Aare Ggrease-able To Prolong Bushing Life
- Laser Cut Plates Ensure Hole To Hole Accuracy
- Rear Mounting Plates Use 0.375” Thick Mild Steel
- Fits Stock Rear End As Well As 12-Bolt, 9” &
S60 Rear-End Housings
- Brilliant Durable Red Or Black Powder Coat
Chromoly version uses 1.250" x 0.095" 4130 Chromoly steel and
features 100% TIG welded construction. This adds increased strength and reduces product weight, recommended for vehicles running 10.50’s and faster in the ¼ mile.
Rear Torque Arm Hardware Kit – Through bolt rear axle housings require UMI P/N 3003 to complete installation on factory housings, Strange, Moser 9” and most other housings. UMI P/N 2998 should be used on Moser 12-bolt with the four bolt mount design.
UMI's 2235 weld-in torque arm is a great way to get UMI quality and performance in your 3rd and 4th Gen F-body. The shortened torque arm length improves instant center and provides reduced 60 ft times and enhanced forward traction. The adjustment feature allows for optimizing the pinion angle and ensures a vibration-free driveline at any ride height. The #2235 unit is designed with a drop down front cross member to clear virtually any aftermarket header/y-pipe set-up on the market. Installation note: Crossmember installation requires welding and cutting to complete installation. Torque arm must be installed with 2-point subframe connectors.
The Vehicle Fitment Guide is to be used as a general reference. The data has been provided by our suppliers and manufacturers and may contain errors or incorrect data. Always refer to a professional to verify correct fitment for your vehicle.
||1982 - 1987
Ask a question about
UMI Performance Weld In Torque Arm - Dipped Crossmember, Chromoly | 2235CM-R Camaro 1982-92: